Saturday 21 April 2012

A Bridal Shower


Last September, I was a bridesmaid in my friend Kathleen's wedding. With Jenn's help (Kathleen's other bridesmaid), I planned a kick-ass shower, if I do say so myself.

Since I was the hostess with the mostess (I'm so humble, I know), I didn't have much time to take pictures. Luckily Diane (who still remains blogless) had her camera and was the shutterbug of the group.

I had so many pictures to choose from that I decided to do two double-page layouts for the shower. Here is the first:


Since a bridal shower in inherently girlie, I decided to use purples and pinks with a touch of green. For these layouts, I used a Basic Grey collection. If anyone can enlighten me as to which collection it is, I'd appreciate it! I can't remember for the life of me! All I know is that I bought it at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking. It's a very girlie collection and I love it...which is something coming from me. I'm generally not the biggest Basic Grey fan.

For the first page, I cut different widths and lengths of three pattern papers. I inked the edges and layered them on a piece of cardstock in a beautiful shade of purple. I then used a Martha Stewart punch to create the photo mat.

I clustered embellishments around a journalling box on the bottom left-hand corner of the picture, added a title and voilĂ !

I wanted something to link all the pages. I decided that I would use faux-stitching. I used the faux-stitching around the strips of paper.


On the second page of the first double-page layout, I decided that I was going to put the bulk of the pictures.


I cropped the pictures as much as I could, sanded the edges and I layered them slightly on top of each other. I added a large die-cut piece that was part of a package of embellishments that you can buy as a compliment to the paper.

I used Basic Grey chipboard letter for the title. I found that the white letters blended in too much, so I traced them with a brown pen.


For the second double-page layout, I repeated the faux-stitching that I had used on the previous layouts.



On page #1 of this double-page layout, I used pictures of the bride-to-be and some of her best friends. I think the title is appropriate since all the pictures feature Kathleen and one other person.

Unlike the other pages, I also hand-stitched using the Sew Easy system.


I wanted the last page to feature Kathleen and her maids. Luckily, there was one great photo of the three of us. And Jenn says she isn't photogenic! Yeah right...


I just love the cluster of embellishments on the right side of the picture!



This was such a fun party and it's great to be able to remember it with layouts that I love. I originally thought that I could put all of Kathleen's wedding events in my 2011 album. WRONG! I made four pages for the shower but I think I made six or eight for the bachelorette! I haven't even started the wedding yet! Therefore, I've decided that Kathleen's wedding deserves its own album.

There will be more to come!


Happy scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. I think the paper is from the Sweet Threads collection from Basic Grey. I used in my "Hosta Monsta" layout.

    I love the colours! The faux stitching is sooooo cool. It really does tie everything together but gives definition in the layout. I can't explain -- wow! I'm speechless!!!!

    I'm also loving the way you cluster embellishments. It's giving me tons of ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!! Great job! I think Natalie is correct on the Sweet Threads - I would have to check when I get to the store ;) Yeah, I think Kathleen's wedding deserves it's very own album :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pages are so fun and it really does justice to how fun the shower was.playful and flirty.embellies are great as are the way you clustered them.I do agree w Emma,that Kat's wedding will most likely need an album on their own,as I ended up having to do for yours when I was a bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These layouts are awesome. And they even extra fabulous because not only am I in them, it's about me!!!! :D
    The pictures truly do not do them justice.

    ReplyDelete