Monday 9 April 2012

Crazy Kettlebellers

In later 2011, one of the scrapbooking divas (can't remember which one but I think it was Diane...or maybe Natalie...) suggested that we all get the same kit and use it to create layouts. We would then compare our layouts to see the similarities and differences.

We actually took the plunge in January 2012. We all got the same Christmas kit and magic ensued. You can read all about it on Natalie's blog, My Two Left Hands. Natalie's blog includes my submission to the experiment.

Today, I'd like to go back to those layouts because I love them so much. This double-page layout features pictures taken at the KTK Christmas party.



These are some pretty simple layouts but, like I said, I love them. They are a microcosm of what scrapbooking represents for me: capturing memories.

On the first page, I cut nine squares of three different pattern papers. I added a piece of rick-rack ribbon, a flower, star pins, journalling box and a great title. All these items were from the kit that the divas and I purchased. I added a great picture of some of my favourite people and voilĂ !




On the second page, I sanded the edges of the pictures to make them stand out. I repeated the rick-rack ribbon, star pin and flower. I made my own journalling box by using a tag and Glimmer Misting it with Olive Vine.




These pages remind of a great evening with people who mean the world to me. As I blogged about on my other blog Getting to 175lbs, my kettlebell friends not only make exercise more fun, they also make my life fuller. I cherish these friendships and thank God that I have these people in my life. These scrapbook pages remind me of that every time I look at them.

Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment