Tuesday 31 January 2012

The newest member of Auntie Em's Scrapbooking design team is...

...ME! Can you believe it?! I can't!

I checked my gmail account right before leaving work this afternoon and there it was: Emma asking me to join Auntie Em's Scrapbooking's design team! I'm so excited for this opportunity. I even did a little happy dance in my cubicle (I'm sure I looked pretty silly and I'm glad none of my co-workers saw it!).

This is how excited I am:


P.S. Ignore the messy kitchen...

Okay, so this picture was not taken right after I found out...which you can totally tell because I don't dress in exercise gear to go to work. I was getting ready to go to my kettlebell class later (which you can ready about on my other blog Getting to 175lbs.) But I just had to take a few moments to blog about this amazing opportunity.

Contrary to what people might believe about me (those who have met me anyway), I'm not a confident person. I care too much about what other people think. That's one of the reasons why I never applied for a design team. It's not that I wasn't interested. It's that I never felt that my scrapbooking was good enough.

Recently, I've had a bit of a change of heart. Who cares what people think of my scrapbooking? Do I do this for other people?! Heck no! I do this for me because I enjoy it. Boy, is that realization ever freeing! It's only when I realized this that I had the confidence to think about applying to Emma's design team. If Emma didn't pick me, oh well...I would still like me stuff. Whereas in the past, the rejection would have been devastating.

That being said, it all worked out and I'm super happy!

Happy scrappin'!


1 comment:

  1. *doing a happy dance with you*once again,congrats girl.not only am i happy for you but proud of you as well!*mwah*

    ReplyDelete