Sunday 22 January 2012

Applying for a design team...YIKES!

Okay, so I've decided to apply for a design team. YIKES!

Yesterday, I went to an all-day crop at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking. By the way, if you're within driving distance from Cornwall, ON, I highly suggest attending their crops. Emma's store is great, Emma is great, Emma's staff is great (a shout out to Laura!) and, last but not least, there are a bunch of interesting and very friendly people who attend. I'd like to point out that I'm totally not sucking up. I would say (and have said) this even if I wasn't planning on applying for the design team. That being said, if it helps...:D!

Anyway, I'm getting off topic...during the crop yesterday, Emma mentioned the design team. I have never had any desire to apply for a design team. Frankly, I don't think my scrapbooking is good enough. But I enjoy my time at Emma's store so much that I'm willing to try. Don't worry Emma, I'll come back even if you don't pick me! The rules to apply are on Emma's blog if you're interested.

On of the conditions is a blog about scrapbooking. I already blog about my weight loss called Getting to 175lbs so what's another blog? I love to write so this is just plain fun!

My next blog entry will be my submission for the design team. I went through all my scrapbooks this afternoon and took a bunch of pictures of my favourite layouts. Honestly, I had a harder time picking the layouts to submit than I thought I would. I realized how much I love my layouts...not because they are so beautiful like some people I know are able to create. I love them because they remind me of happy times, of funny moments and of time spent with the people I love. Hence the name of this blog because scrapbooking, for me at least, is about preserving memories.

Loving my layouts helps mitigate my fear of rejection. That fear is real. But I have to get over it because I'll never know if I don't try.

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment