Sunday 7 October 2012

My NAV Centre Retreat

Yes, I have been a bad blogger. I haven't updated my blog since June. In my defence, it was a busy summer. We were trying to (unsuccessfully) potty train my little guy. Plus, I discovered that I was pregnant! Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows the state of exhaustion that accompanies the first trimester.
 
Anyway, enough excuses! I'm back know and I have lots of scrapbooking stuff to blog about. This past weekend, I went with a group of ladies to the NAV Centre in Cornwall for a scrapbooking retreat. I was super productive. I completed 1 single page layout and 8 double page layouts for a grand total of 17 pages! I'd like to share the pages I made with you.
 
 
My Previous NAV Centre Experience:
 
Between my friends and myself, there were a lot of pictures from my previous NAV Centre experience in April 2012. I decided to go through my stash and use leftover papers to create these pages.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Of these pages, the last one is probably my favourite, mainly because of the people in the pictures!
 
Meeting baby Coralie:
 
My friends Sylvie and Eric went through a lot to be able to have a baby. For that and many other reasons, I was very excited to meet their baby Coralie. Sam was excited too. He loves babies!
 
I had recently bought the Vintage Finds collection by Teresa Collins and I thought it would be perfect for these pictures.
 


A Family Photo Shoot:

In May of this year, I hired a very talented photographer named Julie Hearty. I was thrilled with the results. Sam isn't the easiest kid to deal with but she managed to not only get him to look at the camera but also smile!

For these pages, I used the Pemberley collection by Close to My Heart, which is simply stunning. I also used a few Prima flowers

 
 
 
Summer Fun:
 
We did a lot of fun things this summer, including a few trips to a splash pad. This layout featured pictures of Sam having fun at the splash pad near my parents' house. He LOVED the splash pad!
 
I had leftovers from the Splash collection by Echo Park and thought this was the perfect opportunity to use some of them up. I also used up most of my blue buttons!
 

 
 My 30th Birthday at Auntie Em's:

For my 30th birthday, the Divas invaded Cornwall for our first crop at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking and Beading (btw, I'm now 6 months past my 31st birthday so I'm a little behind in my scrapbooking!)

I have no idea what collection I used. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it!


I love these scrapbooking retreats. I'm seriously considering going back in November with another group of ladies. I know that my time to go to these things are limited as I'm expecting baby #2 in late March 2013. These weekends are a great opportunity to focus and get stuff done. But they are also good for getting away from your everyday and spending time with friends. The best part of this weekend was getting to spend so much quality time with my bestie Diane.
 
Until next time, happy scrappin'!
 
  
 

2 comments:

  1. ahh,I had a great time at Nav Can also,tho I nowhere near completed the same amt of pages.I was lucky enough to see all these pages in person and I can tell you that they are FAB-U-LOUS!Esp since I am in so many of the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "Meeting Coralie" page! :)

    ReplyDelete