Saturday 26 May 2012

When my worlds collide

I scheduled this post to go up at 5pm on Saturday, May 26, 2012. I think it's fitting because, at that time, I will be starting my 5k run for Ottawa Race Weekend.

If you read my other blog Getting to 175lbs, you know that I started running the the fall of 2011. I never ever EVER thought I would be a runner. To this day, I can't believe I started running and it's even more amazing that I actually stuck with it.

Since running has become such an important part of my life, I decided to a) take pictures of myself before and after running, and b) create a scrapbook page about my running.

I called this blog post 'When my worlds collide' because fitness and scrapbooking are two very important parts of my life. However, they don't really go together. One involves sitting and using my brain to bring my creativity to life and the other involves moving, using my body and sweating (a lot).

Really, because I enjoy both activities so much, it's only natural that I make a scrapbook page about my running. I called it 'Why I Run' and here it is:

Like a lot of my layouts, there's a lot of white space. I used two pictures I had of myself in my running gear: one taken before I left to go run and one after my run was over. Guess which one is which! Anyway, I cut different lengths of different papers and I slightly layered them. If you notice, the paper on the far left is a sports themed paper. I thought it was appropriate.

I then added very simple embellishments:


I used the title as a jumping off point for my journalling. I have said several times that I strongly believe that journalling is a necessary component to the vast majority of scrapbooking pages. Journalling doesn't have to be long but, in this case, it is. I had lots to say on the topic!


I encourage any one who scrapbooks and has a love of sports to make your worlds collide. As scrapbookers, we tend to be the picture takers and we tend to scrapbook everyone else but ourselves. Why not make a page focused on YOU?!

Thanks for looking and happy scrappin'!


3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job Sarah! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for what you do everyday for your health Sarah. I tried running before, but my knees (surgery in each) and my back (weekly chiro apt) do not allow me to. However, there is a lot more I could do, and I don't. So kudos for stiking to it, and persevering! Nice layout, buy the way. I like you choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete