Sunday 5 February 2012

First Design Team Meeting Recap and My Introduction to Copic

So, yesterday I made the drive to Auntie Em's Scrapbooking for my first design team meeting and introduction to Copic markers class. I learned three things: 1) Being part of the design team is super cool! 2) Copic markers are probably not for me, and 3) Driving back and forth to Cornwall from Aylmer by myself is BORING!

1) Being part of the design is going to be awesome! I got my first assignment yesterday. I have no clue whether Emma wants us to keep what we were assigned a secret so I'm taking a bit of a risk here. We were given elements of Little Yellow Bicycle's Paradise Collection. Funny, when I walked into the store, I saw some of the line and really liked. Anyway, the results of my first page done of behalf of the design team will be on display at Auntie Em's at the end of the month. I'm super excited to start this page! I just have to pick my pictures.

2) Yeah, Copic markers are not for me. Lorena, our teacher, was so excited to show us all the techniques and, although I had a good time playing with the markers, I know it's not for me. I don't really make cards or stamp much so their uses are limited for me. Lorena did show us that you can colour of gems (super cool btw) and use them to colour letters cut with a die cut machine in white cardstock. I will most likely use the markers for those types of techniques.

This is what I love about taking a class: It's a great way to try a technique to see if it's something that you'll want to continue without having to invest a tone of money. When you have a good teacher, it also helps. I would gladly take another class with Lorena anytime!

3) I was lucky that the drive was so smooth because this is Canada in February. It was a bright sunny day with clear roads. But I was so bored! I hope some of my friends will join me for future trips...

Kat, Diane...I'm looking at you!

Happy scrappin'!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ah Sarah, you are a natural with the Copics, too bad you don't think you will get the use out of them. I agree with the taking a class thing, it sure does give you a bite sized taste of some thing to see if you are going to like it or not, with low investment cost.

    Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol,glad that you enjoyed yourself Sat.So excited for you.
    as for going to Auntie Em's,I'm always up for a road trip,lol.

    ReplyDelete